Welcome to the Autumn Term in Foundation
Hello and welcome back to the new school year and welcome to the Fullerton family for our new starters.
We are really looking forward to the topic this term but mostly we are looking forward to getting to know all the wonderful children and families in early years. We look forward to working with you this year so that together we can make sure your child is as happy as possible and achieve their full potential.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or one of the amazing EYFS team.
Our topic for the Summer Term is
Me and My Community
This project supports children with settling into the new rules and routines of school and encourages them to make new friends and feel confident in their class. It teaches children about being helpful, kind and thoughtful at home and at school. This project also teaches children how they are unique and special, the importance of friendship and how people in their family, school and local community are important and can help them.
Help your child prepare for their project
Talk to your child about themselves. Their family, their likes and dislikes, what makes them special? Play games together and encourage turn taking. Think about what makes a good friend. There are lots of people in our community who help us. Talk about how these people help us. Choose one of the people and make a thank you card for them.
Auntie, Community, cousin, doctor, emergency services, family, firefighters, friend, grandparents, help, key workers, nurse, paramedics, police, rules, uncle
- The children are expected to read at home at least four times a week. Please remember to write in your child’s reading planner if you listen to your child read, as they are rewarded in school for reading at home. Children are encouraged to develop their love of reading by using books, magazines and reading resources from home during the weekend. Remember to talk to your child about the text and ask lots of questions.
- The children will soon begin their journey on our Read Write Inc (RWI) phonics programme. It is important to follow this at home, where possible, when writing with your child. Please see the attachments below on how we teach letter formation and the rhymes we use to help the children.
Our routines and reminders:
- Our PE session will be every Wednesday in F2 and Tuesday in F1 Your child can come to school wearing their school PE kit. Please make sure it is suitable for our outdoor PE sessions and is labelled with their name.
- Please remember to return your Childs book bag everyday.
- Please send your child with their water bottle every day labelled with their name.
- Can you please send your child to school with a spare change of clothes, pants, socks, trousers/skirt as accidents occur and it’s helpful if your child has their own clothes to change into. Please leave them in a bag on their peg and please make sure all items are labelled.
- Can you please send a pair of wellies for your child to keep at school, to use in our mud kitchen and digging area. REMEMBER to put their name in them!!
- You can send pictures through class Do Jo, to share your child’s achievements from home. These contribute to your child’s assessment and are a vital part of the progress your child will make. This is an opportunity for us to hear about and celebrate your child’s home achievements.
- Show and tell will be every Friday. Due to the current situation we are unable to have any objects brought into school. You can send a photo through class Do Jo of your child and their chosen object to share at show and tell. This could be a toy, photo, certificate or special object. This will help develop the children’s communication and language skills, as well as their confidence to speak in a familiar group.
Thank you for entrusting your child to us this year. We promise to do our best each day to guide your child in exploring and learning, as well as helping them to feel safe and valued.
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions please see one of the foundation team or send a message through our class Do Jo page, we are always here to help and support you.
Mrs Marlow and the Foundation Team